- About Us
- COAD Resources
- Disaster Case Advocacy Resources
- Faith Based Organizations in Disaster
- Functional Needs and Access Resources
- Iowa Legal Aid
- Long Term Recovery Resources
- Volunteers and Donations Resources
- Training and Events
- Current Disasters
- Don Hampton Conference and Award Ceremony
Welcome to the Iowa Disaster Human Resource Council
The Iowa Disaster Human Resource Council (IDHRC) brings together faith-based, voluntary and government organizations active in disaster services to foster a more effective response and recovery for the people of Iowa in times of disaster. The IDHRC is a 501(c)3 Non-Profit, Charitable Organization and is a member of the National Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (NVOAD). The IDHRC also serves as the state's Citizen Corps Council.
To coordinate a holistic approach to disaster recovery by maximizing public and private resources, thereby providing an efficient system that can address immediate and long-term physical, spiritual and emotional needs of impacted citizens.