- About Us
- COAD Resources
- Disaster Case Advocacy Resources
- Faith Based Organizations in Disaster
- Functional Needs and Access Resources
- Iowa Legal Aid
- Long Term Recovery Resources
- Volunteers and Donations Resources
- Training and Events
- Current Disasters
- Don Hampton Conference and Award Ceremony
Remember “Cash is Best”
Financial contributions to voluntary agencies can be used to purchase specific needed items on scene which helps the local economy and prevents voluntary partners from having to transport items at great expense. See the links below to donate cash to the active voluntary agencies working in the state of your choice.
Collecting Goods Is Not Favored. Ussolicited donations create many challenges during disaster and can quickly overwhelm a community. The offer of cash is best so that the families can receive best what they need to recover.
A picture can be worth a thousand words. The pictures below show what can happen when well-meaning citizens overwhelm a disaster impacted area by sending unneeded and unwanted items.
Ways to Give (updated frequently)