In this period of statewide disaster response for the COVID-19 pandemic, the IDHRC will make every effort to share timely information and coordinate resources among its member organizations. Please review this page for guidance and information outlining ways the IDHRC is responding and how you can contribute.
IDHRC COVID-19 TASKFORCE
Taskforce was formed on March 19, 2020 to focus on identifying and coordinating needs and resources within our community partners and member organizations. Members with available time and virtual/remote communication capabilities are encouraged to engage with the Taskforce in these endeavors. Taskforce members are needed! Email IDHRC01@gmail.com to share your availability to help.
ORGANIZATION/AGENCY SITUATION UPDATE REPORT
Organizations, agencies, and community partners with needs, resources, or updates to provide are encouraged to submit information via the Situation Update Report. The information from these reports will provide the IDHRC with the gaps and resources in communities. The IDHRC will strive to connect resources agencies can offer with the needs expressed. The IDHRC's ability to be a connector is depended upon its ability to gather information. This Situation Update Report. is the tool that will be used to gather this information.
During this time of uncertainty, volunteers are needed to bridge the gaps in our communities. Some of these gaps require unique approaches. Virtual opportunities exist. Sign up to volunteer and review opportunities at Volunteer Iowa.
Latest COVID-19 Information and Resources
Mental and Spiritual Wellbeing
- Taking Care of your Behavioral Health during an infectious disease outrbeak (SAMHSA)
- Tips for Survivors of a Disaster or Other Traumatic Event: MANAGING STRESS (SAMHSA)
- How to Cope with Anxiety about Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) (Iowa Department of Public Health, Updated 3/10/20)
- What To Know About Novel Coronavirus And Your Mental Health (Iowa Department of Human Services)
- Older Adults and COVID-19: Staying healthy during this stressful time (Disaster PrepWise)
- Donate Personal Protective Equipment (Iowa Department of Public Health)
- Iowa Legal Aid 2020 Coronavirus Outbreak: What you need to know (Iowa Legal Aid)